Woningtarget launches new guide: Rentingsafely.com
As you probably already know, the housing market in Amsterdam can be extremely difficult and crowded, and the last thing you want to is to fall for a rental scam. Especially in the months July/August, we hear stories of both international students as Dutch students being scammed on the private housing market, which is a truly bad start to searching for an apartment in the Netherlands. People from other countries looking for housing in the Netherlands can also get a quick overview of the chaotic Dutch housing market at www.findhousingholland.com.
Therefore Woningtarget.nl has launched www.rentingsafely.com and www.heelhuidshuren.nl, to help anyone searching for housing, so they aren’t getting in the hands of housing scammers, who want to trick a deposit of you.
Rentingsafely.com collects information about advice and tips for identifying and avoiding housing scams. By following some simple guidelines when searching for housing you can minimize or almost eliminate the probability of getting scammed for a deposit or downpayment.
You should never do this during your apartment search
- Do not transfer a deposit to a foreign bank account.
- Do not transfer a deposit to a person that you have never met.
- Do not transfer a deposit before having a certain lease contract which has been signed by both parts.
- Do not transfer a deposit before making sure that the landlord in fact can rent out the apartment.
- Do not transfer a deposit before going to the apartment showcase.
Also read more about, how you should rent an apartment and how the scam works here
Useful links to get started in the Netherlands
Housing in the Netherlands
Housing in Amsterdam
Housing in Rotterdam
Housing in The Hague
Living in Amsterdam
Living in Rotterdam
Living in The Hague
Accommodation in Amsterdam
Accommodation in Rotterdam
Accommodation in The Hague
- 26. januari 2017 Woningtarget launches new guide: Rentingsafely.com
- 19. januari 2017 Housing in the Netherlands - new international guide
- 16. december 2016 Nieuwe huurwoning-app geeft direct bericht van nieuwe huurwoningen
- 5. mei 2016 Woningjacht en woningtarget veroveren de Nederlandse woningmarkt